I have been working on this article for some time, about things to do on a Sunday in NYC. It may not be your typical Sunday, but for me it has been an unforgettable experience of which I want to share with you.
1. Have breakfast at Tiffany´s yeah yeah it may be a clichè that you have heard many times before, but there is nothing like actually going there and doing it! grab a good latte (large for me please) and take one of you BFF´s and go…Sunday morning, as they are usually more empty than other days so you get to see the diamonds without the tourist chaos (not that I don´t love tourists, I do). The people at Tiffany´s are the nicest and they let you go inside with your coffee, no wonder why Holly said nothing bad can happen to you there (me in hat).
2. Feed your eyes I found Sunday´s more relaxing and perfect to get some inspiration. If you are insatiable like me, you will love to make a quick stop at this magazine store, Around the world and go through the pages of thousands of fashion/accessories/beauty magazines from around the globe. It is incredibly stimulating to feast your eyes with design. I love to see what is happening in Asia, Milan, Moscow etc. I always left this place feeling incredibly motivated to create something. Now if design and fashion books is what you are craving, McNally Jackson is the place you want to go. They have an extravagant selection of design book ideas for decorative coffee tables, (I always end up buying one). They also have a cute little coffee shop where you can hang out while you decide what to buy. Try de lemonade, it is delicious.
3. Brunch Of course!! Sunday after being the day of God is the day of brunch. After all that energy lost at Tiffany´s and the magazines, and the books, you have to get some yummies in that belly. Here are three of my favorites (this was hard).
- Buvette must have the best eggs benedict in NY. It´s intimate and so delicious.
- Not in order, another place is ABC Kitchen, if you decide to do it I have two words for you, MAKE RESERVATIONS. Sundays are totally booked and you will need a couple of weeks to get in. The bellinis are to die for and I love the atmosphere between the tables and walls. Food is delicious as well, they do a very good salmon (Photo taken in the bathroom, I fell in love of the mirror).
- And finally I can´t leave out this classic. I swear, the first time I tried the pancakes I almost cried. They were my mom´s recipe! I had a major flash back to my childhood just like when Anton ego tried Ratatouille´s Confit Byaldi. You have to experience Balthazar. Now if you can´t get a table at least promise me you will try the boulangerie and get some croissants.
4. Practice a sport you love: You know all those calories we try to lose during the week with our exhausting routines because we have to! I don´t find anything more enjoyable then practicing a sport I love and actually exercise at the same time. So I play volleyball on Sundays with the amazing view of Hudson River. It has been amazing to get to know new people as well, if you are new in the city it´s so much fun.
5. Take a long bath BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT. Play some nice music (my choices Ennio Morricone, Joe Strummer and Hans Zimmer). I love the collection of handmade soaps and tub goodies from Smith & Chang, my favorites are the lavender essence.
6. Watch a Documentary I´m so into the documentaries on Netflix. On Sunday night the last one I saw was this one about Woody Allen, Phenomenal. Nothing like finishing up the day with one of these films on the couch whilst holding a good drink. And there you go! No, seriously go enjoy your next Sunday! S.